Monday, March 10, 2008

First trip to the hospital...

Well...I have been feeling somewhat ill lately...and just not "normal" (I know what you are thinking, "Jen, you aren't normal!")

Anyway...Friday my gut told me to go get checked out after a bout of pretty bad nausea and sporatic contractions. They checked me from head to toe...and they are a little concerned about preeclampsia...the baby is doing super duper well and I got to listen to his heartbeat on the monitor for a couple hours (and experienced what his hiccups sound like on the monitor!) They aren't concerned about him, but they are concerned about my bloodpressure. I think I might be dehydrated again...so I'm working on that...and I'm not super worried about the bloodpressure because I tried to explain to them that my bloodpressure can be high when in stressful situations...and the hospital yesterday was so insane and crowded...I got a little overwhelmed and slightly scared.

All in all...things are good. I did have tons of little contractions while there...but the nurse pointed out that they don't count because they aren't doing anything to my cervix...I'm not even 1 cm dialated. I still have a couple weeks to wait...which I need to start enjoying and not being so damn impatient...we'll see how I do! :)

No comments: