Monday, May 5, 2008

More Learning

More things that I have learned...

#1. NEVER say "he's sleeping in his own room already"...because he will prove you WRONG that very night! :)

#2. NEVER say never. I was pretty anti-pacifier before becoming a mom...however...I see the power of the paci now! I read that it has a calming effect...and boy does it! Sometimes he just wants to use me as a pacifier...and I just can't always do that. I figure, as long as he doesn't have his senior pictures taken with a paci in his mouth...I've done an ok job as a mom

#3. NEVER underestimate the power of a baby. I have never received so much attention in my LIFE as I have now that I have Nolan. He is a magnet for women, children...even men! Everyone marvels at how small he is, but I keep thinking...he's getting so big!

#4. My child is a wiggle worm. If I put him to bed in the "normal" orientation, he ends up sideways. I think this is just one of the hints that he will be a stubborn boy (like his mom) and not always play by the "rules". Or it just means he likes to get himself in tough situations.

#5. It never fails...if I have food or a laptop in front of me...the child wakes up! OH...and when I set him down in his crib he is just fine...until I crawl back into bed. The SECOND the sheets hit my body...he's back up! How can this little guy who has so much to learn in life...be SO smart?

It's time for me to make dinner...which means he will continue being a sleeping angel...until the fork hits my lips! :)

No comments: