Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cuz I had a bad day

This morning Nolan (7 weeks today) was fussy all morning. I was looking forward to two things later in the day:
#1 a shower
#2 our playgroup
I found a break in the crying and we went to the bathroom so that I could shower (he in his bouncy chair, me in some VERY hot water). I felt sooo good, the morning stress melted away. I changed him, fed him and got him ready to go to our playgroup. I set him in his carseat (didn't buckle him in) and put him by the bathroom for me to blowdry my hair (and hopefully stop the crying, he likes the noise!). As I placed him in the carseat and said "Self, I think you should buckle him in before you forget" to this I replied "Self, I wouldn't forget to buckle him in, that has only happened once so far and I promised myself I wouldn't do it again"

The crying won't stop...so I grab the baby and the diaper bag and run to the car (you can see where this is going huh?) I realize as I run to the car that I'm a little shakey...and then take an inventory of the contents of my stomach...crud...I haven't eaten! So I decide to swing by KFC on my way to the playgroup, although this WILL make me late...but I'm sure not too late. As I'm in the drive through I look back at my adorable sleeping baby (thank GOD no longer screaming) as he slumps over...further than usual because...I FORGOT TO STRAP HIM IN!!! I say some very naughty words...pull out of the drivethru and into a parking spot ASAP so I can buckle in my angel and appologize over and over for being the worlds worst mom!

I get to the playgroup a little late. The plan was to meet up at one gals house then walk to a park. I don't see anyone at the house, but decide to grab the baby and bound up the stairs to the house just to make sure they aren't still hanging out waiting for me. I hit the first step, start to stumble, I thought I corrected, so I go up the next step...keep falling...end up dropping the baby (thank GOD he is strapped into his carseat and the carseat just lands on it's side and my sleeping baby looks at me like "what the hell" and starts screaming...but from what I can tell he isn't hurt (I fell UP the stairs...so he really didn't fall...just VERY ungracefully set on the ground). After checking the baby...I realize that I'm bleeding and scuffed up on both my elbows (although it is VERY hard to see your elbows...go ahead...TRY...see...it's hard!)

Anyway...my son is now taking a MUCH needed nap...I'm sore as can be and feeling sorry for myself. I've attempted to injure my child a couple different ways today...thank goodness he is safe in his crib right now!

Well...tomorrow has to be better...right?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It is very hard to break you baby! It takes an younger brother to do real harm. Hope you have a better day today.

Adrienne said...

I fell against a wall after tripping on a couch pillow when Luke was just a few weeks old. It gave him a little boo-boo on his lip and injured my shoulder that is STILL messed up to this day! I thought for sure I'd broken his head. It was incredibly traumatizing for me and I couldn't even talk about it for weeks without crying. (Oh, and I've forgotten to buckle him in a couple times, too.) I'm expecting CPS to show up at my door any day. ;o) Welcome to the club!