Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Time

Although I'm with Nolan day in and day out, there are some days where he seems to have grown up over night. Last night my little guy went to sleep, and this morning he woke up a talking, walking, imaginative ball of fun!

Nolan is now sitting in a booster that scoots up to the table instead of a highchair with a tray. He loves that he gets to sit like a big boy...but I secretly miss the highchair, especially since he was locked in and couldn't escape! :) But he is SO proud of himself. I marvelled as we ate breakfast together and he asked for more cereal. He has mastered the spoon and cereal is now fun instead of frustrating. He watched me intently as I sipped my leftover milk from my bowl, and within seconds was mimicking me and pulling the bowl away to say "ah" like it was the most refreshing milk he had ever consumed!

The Christmas tree was put up yesterday. It's barely 4' tall, but perfect for hanging the unbreakable ornaments from! We also figured if it falls over (because a monkey decided to climb it) it wouldn't be as big of a deal! Nolan loved putting up the lights and helping us hang the ornaments. Of course, since he put them up, he feels he can take them down! His favorite ornaments are the trains, which he takes off frequently to play with on the floor. He is very good about putting them back on the tree, but they all seem to make it back to the same branch! :) Our tree may not be the prettiest tree, but I have to say it's the best we've ever had!

Of course I could go ON AND ON about the amazing things Nolan does, but they aren't that thrilling and no different than any other toddler. However when you get to experience life (and the Holidays) through the eyes of a toddler, it's just magical.

If you didn't receive our Christmas Card this year, here is an electronic version! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!

No comments: